Thursday, December 30, 2010

Planning a Progressive Party

For New Years my friends and I decided to have a Progressive Dinner Party.  This is a party where the appetizer is held at one home, then everyone travels to another home for dinner, and a third home for dessert! I am helping to make one of the appetizers.  The other couple making appetizers is going to make a bruschetta, so to continue the Italian theme I am going to make mini calzones.

via
It's a pretty simple recipe, you buy a package of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits, a jar of marinara sauce (I prefer Barilla Sweet Pepper, or Barilla Spicy Marinara), pizza cheese, and whatever pizza toppings you prefer. 

Cut the biscuits in half like a hamburger bun, so that they are twice as thin as they were originally. Then place the sauce and cheese and toppings on like you would if it were a normal pizza, fold in half and bake until golden brown.  They are tasting and unique!! A great progressive party treat! 

Have a fabulous end to 2010! I'll talk to you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment